Days of awe : being a treasury of traditions, legends and learned commentaries concerning Rosh ha-Shanah, Yom Kippur and the days between, culled from three hundred volumes, ancient and new / by Shmuel Yosef Agnon ; introduction by Judah Goldin.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Yamim noraʼim. Selections. English.
ימים נוראים. English
- New York : Schocken Books, ©1965.
xxxii, 297 pages ; 21 cm
- Fasts and feasts -- Judaism.
Judaism -- Customs and practices.
Bible. Old Testament. -- Quotations.
Bible. Old Testament..
High Holidays -- Quotations, maxims, etc.
Book one: Rosh Ha-shanah
Book two: the days between Rosh Ha-shanah and Yom Kippur
Book three: Yom Kippur.
- "An abridged version of S. Y. Agnon's Hebrew work, Yamin noraim ... condensed by the editor, Nahum N. Glatzer ... The major portion ... was originally translated by Rabbi Maurice T. Galpert, and the translation was revised, completed, and prepared for publication by Jacob Sloan under the supervision of the editor."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 283-297).
- Local notes:
- Library's copy includes presentation letter from Congregation Ohab Zedek, with reproduction of inscription from author, pasted onto front flyleaf. (Libra copy)
Presented to the Penn Libraries by the Board of Governors of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth.(Libra copy)
- Penn Provenance:
- Congregation Ohab Zedek (Belle Harbor, N.Y.) (inscription)
Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (donor) (Libra copy)
- Agnon, Shmuel Yosef, 1887-1970.
Galpert, Maurice T.
Glatzer, Nahum N. (Nahum Norbert), 1903-1990.
Library of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (University of Pennsylvania) (Libra copy)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|