Adventures in the Galilee Yehoash Biber. Translated from the Hebrew by Josephine Bacon. Illustrated by Assaf Berg.
- [1st English ed.]
- Philadelphia, The Jewish Publication Society of America, 5733 1973.
ix, , 149,  pages illustrations 22 cm.
- Galilee (Israel) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Ten stories of life in the Galilee area of Palestine before 1948, when Arab, Druse, and Jewish farmers and bedouins lived together in peace and goodwill.
- Sheep rustlers
The camel riders
A good shot
The Red Djinn
Roast chicken for dessert
The girl, the donkey, and the dog
A guest for the festival
The druse mother
Scout plane over the wadi.
- "The translation of this book into English was made possible through a grant from the Adolf Amram fund."
"Stories collected from Two Camps, Sifriat Poalim, 1964; Red Roofs, Massada, 1965; and Scout Plane over the Wadi, Massada, 1968."
"Designed by Adrianne Onderdonk Dudden."
Endpapers have "Some Hebrew and Arabic words in this book".
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penb Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Presented to the Penn Libraries by the Board of Governors of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (donor) (Libra copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Berg, Asaf.
Dudden, Adrianne Onderdonk.
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
Library of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|