Biblical studies and the shifting of paradigms, 1850-1914 / edited by Henning Graf Reventlow and William Farmer.
- Other records:
- Sheffield, Eng. : Sheffield Academic Press, c1995.
- Journal for the study of the Old Testament. Supplement series ; 192
Journal for the study of the Old Testament. Supplement series ; 192
297 p. ; 22 cm.
- Bible -- Criticism, interpretation, etc. -- History -- 19th century -- Congresses.
Bible -- Criticism, interpretation, etc. -- History -- 20th century -- Congresses.
- State Interesse and Markan primacy: 1870-1914 \ William R. Farmer
H.J. Holtzmann and his European colleagues : aspects of the nineteenth-century European discussion of Gospel origins \ David Barrett Peabody
The role of the Old the German liberal Protestant theology of the nineteenth century \ Henning Graf Reventlow
The notion of historicism and 19th century theology \ Gunter Scholtz
History as a case-study of the relations between university profess state in Germany \ Christian Simon
Baron Friedrich von Hügel and the conveyance of German Protestant biblical criticism in Roman Catholic modernism \ Hans Rollmann
The old faith and the new : the late theology of D.F. Strauss Wilhelm Graf
The intellectual background of H.H. Milman's The history of the Jews (1829) and its impact on English biblical scholarship \ R.E. Clements
Appendix. Conditions and presuppositions of biblical criticism in Germany i of the Second Empire and before : the case of Heinrich Julius Holtzmann \ Henning Graf Reventlow.
- "Contributions to a symposium in which specialists in different fields worked together in an attempt to throw more light on the conditions--the theological convictions and worldview, the political climate, the state officials, educa
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Reventlow, Henning, Graf.
Farmer, William Reuben.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|