Color in a white society : selected papers from the NASW Conference--Color in a White Society, Los Angeles, California, June 1982 / Barbara W. White, editor.
- Silver Spring, Maryland : National Association of Social Workers, 1984.
- Conference Name:
- NASW Conference: Color in a White Society (1982 : Los Angeles, Calif.)
xvi, 135,  pages ; 23 cm
- Social work with minorities -- United States -- Congresses.
Social work education -- United States -- Congresses.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maryland Silver Spring.
- Preface / Mark G. Battle
Introduction / Barbara W. White
The Ethnic Competence Model for Social Work Education / Joseph S. Gallegos
Trends in Social Work Education for Minorities / Ismael Dieppa
Conflicts and Coping Strategies of Minority Female Graduate Students / Jewelle Taylor Gibbs
Income Security: The case of nonwhite children / Martha N. Ozawa
Beyond Cultural Awareness: preparing child welfare workers for ethnic-sensitive practice / Pamela Day, Joseph S. Gallegos, Linda Wilson, Chizuko Norton, Arthur Dodson, and Emily Bruce
Being Responsive to the Chicano Community: A model for service delivery / Rodolfo Arroyo and Sandra A. López
Social Work Practice with Undocumented Mexican Aliens / Ramón M. Salcido
Racial and Personal Identity in the Black Experience / Leon W. Chestang
Black Sex-Role Research: some uses and abuses of data / Dorothy M. Linder
Black Men in White America: critical issues / Lawrence E. Gary and Bogart R. Leashore
Role of the Black Community in Reducing Infant Mortality / Carol Hill Lowe.
- "Cover design by Johanna Vogelsang. Interior design by Susan B. Laufer."
"First Impression, 1989."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collecction copy is "First Impression, 1989".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- White, Barbara W., editor.
National Association of Social Workers.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 087101128X (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|