Ancient Near Eastern texts relating to the Old Testament edited by James B. Pritchard.
- 3rd ed. with suppl.
- Princeton, New Jersey : Princeton University Press, c1969 (1974 printing)
xxiii, , 710,  pages ; 29 cm.
- Bible. Old Testament. -- History of contemporary events.
Bible. Old Testament. -- Antiquities.
Middle Eastern literature -- Translations into English.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New Jersey Princeton.
- I. Myths, Epics, and Legends
II. Legal Texts
III. Historical Texts
IV. Rituals, Incantations, and Descriptions of Festivals
Hymns and Prayers
VI. Didactic and Wisdom Literature
VIII. Secular Songs and Poems
X. Miscellaneous Texts
- Translated and annotated by W. F. Albright ... [et al.]
"Third edition with supplement, 1969. Third printing, 1974."
Contains introductions to first, second and third editions.
"Since 'Ancient Near Eastern Texts Relating to the Old Testament' was first published in 1950, many new texts have been discovered and some of the older ones have come to be better understood ... In 1955 a second revised edition appeared with changes and corrections in the text and the addition of two new sections ... Now after eighteen years we have made a more extensive revision in an attempt to keep pace with new discoveries and research."--Introduction to the Third Edition.
Texts printed in two columns.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Chaim Potok 1977".
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Pritchard, James B. (James Bennett), 1909-1997.
Albright, William Foxwell, 1891-1971.
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|