Rural economy, or, Essays on the practical parts of husbandry : designed to explain several of the most important methods of conducting farms of various kinds, including many useful hints to gentlemen farmers, relative to the economical management of their business : to which is added, The rural Socrates, being memoirs of a country philosopher / by the author of The farmer's letters.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Rural economy
Essays on the practical parts of husbandry
- The third edition.
- Burlington [N.J.], : Printed by Isaac Neale, 1792.
299,  p. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- Agriculture -- Early works to 1800.
Gujer, Jakob, 1716-1785.
- Written by Arthur Young. Cf. NUC pre-1956.
Second part has special t.p.: The rural Socrates, or, A description of the economical and moral conduct of a country philosopher; written in German by Mr. Hirzel, president of the Physical Society at Zurich. [The country philosopher is Jakob Gouyer, called Kliyogg].
"The rural Socrates" is a translation by Arthur Young of the French version of Hans Kaspar Hirzel's Wirthschaft eines philosphischen Bauers. Cf. ESTC.
Signatures: [A]⁴ B-U⁴ W⁴ X-2N⁴ 2O².
Errors in paging: p. 263, 293 misnumbered 249, 283.
- Penn Provenance:
- Seltzer, Charles M. (autograph)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans 25061
Morsch, L.M. New Jersey, 183
Rink, E. Technical Americana, 1110
- Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Hirzel, Hans Caspar, 1725-1803. Wirthschaft eines philosphischen Bauers. English.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|