Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone / by J. K. Rowling ; illustrations by Mary GrandPré.
- [1st American ed.]
- New York : Arthur A. Levine Books, an imprint of Scholastic Press, [1998, c1997]. (Fairfield, Pennsylvania : Printed and bound at Quebecor Fairfield)
vi, , 309,  p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Potter, Harry (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
Granger, Hermione (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
Weasley, Ron (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary organization) -- Juvenile fiction.
Wizards -- Juvenile fiction.
Magic -- Juvenile fiction.
Schools -- Juvenile fiction.
England -- Juvenile fiction.
- Childrens subjects:
Witches -- Fiction.
Wizards -- Fiction.
Schools -- Fiction.
England -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Rescued from the outrageous neglect of his aunt and uncle, a young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- "Year 1"--Spine.
"First American edition, October 1998"--t.p. verso.
"This book was art directed by David Saylor and designed by Becky Terhune. The art for both the jacket and interior was created using pastels on toned printmaking paper. The text was set in 12-point Adobe Garamond ..."--Colophon.
"The production was supervised by Angela Biola and Mike Derevjanik."--Colophon.
Designed by Atha Tehon.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Tehon Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Susan Tehon.
Tehon Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
Tehon, Susan (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- GrandPré, Mary, illustrator.
Saylor, David, (Creative director)
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Atha Tehon Thiras Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0590353403 (hardcover)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|