Collectio diversorum decretorum Sacre Congregationis Sancti Officii Urbis [Romae], ordine alphabetico digestorum [manuscript].
- [Italy, after 1685]
221 leaves : paper ; 137 x 200 (160 x 114) mm. bound to 207 x 145 mm.
- Canon law -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 17th century.
- Latin and Italian.
- An alphabetical digest of decrees, papal bulls, and letters pertaining to various aspects of the Inquisition: doctrine, crimes, judicial procedure, and administration. Most of the documents quoted date from circa 1590-1640.
- Ms. codex.
Title from caption title (p. 1).
Compare with UPenn Ms. Codex 672.
Pagination: Paper, i (18th-century paper) + 221 + i (18th-century paper); [iv], 1-423, [xvi]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
Script: Written in a cursive script by a single hand.
Binding: Contemporary gilt parchment, with 18th-century endleaves.
Origin: Written in Italy after 1685 (p. 160).
Notes in pencil and in ink on p. i regarding provenance, dates in manuscript, and references to the Immaculate Conception are in the hand of Henry Charles Lea.
- Penn Provenance:
- Former owners include: James Lewis, LL. D., Cambridge (signature, p. i); Henry Charles Lea, 1891 (signature, p. i).
Gift of Henry Charles Lea, 1909.
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), p. 176 (Ms. Lea 137 Latin).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 583.
- Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909, former owner.
- Access Restriction:
- Access to this item is subject to staff review.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|