Disputationes de poenitentia [manuscript].
- [Italy, 16--]
111 leaves : paper ; 273 x 199 (256 x 155) mm. bound to 280 x 198 mm.
- Penance -- Early works to 1800.
Virtues -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 17th century.
- Treatise on penitence as a virtue and penance as a sacrament.
- Ms. codex.
Title from caption title (p. 1); later attribution to Bricci in ink (front flyleaf).
Pagination: Paper, i + 111 + i leaves; 1-14, [ii], 15-200, 181-200; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
Script: Written in a cursive script by one hand with the exception of a few pages (p. 100-106) in a second hand.
Binding: Contemporary vellum.
Origin: Written in Italy in the 17th century (Zacour-Hirsch).
Notes in pencil in the hand of Henry Charles Lea (f. i).
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Henry Charles Lea (signature, dated 1891, front flyleaf); an unidentified library stamp includes the words Rome and des Français (p. 1).
Bequest of Henry Charles Lea, 1909.
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), p. 183 (Ms. Lea 176).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 598
- Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909, former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|