Collectio diversorum decretorum sancti officii urbis a sacra congregatione eminentissimorum diversis temporibus editorum, qual novissime ordine alphabetico digesta sunt [manuscript].
460 leaves : paper ; 266 x 200 mm. bound to 275 x 205 mm.
- Canon law -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 17th century.
- Latin, with a few passages in Italian.
- An alphabetical digest of summaries of canon law decisions citing dates and sources, grouped by topics, including indulgences, inquisitions, Jews, heresies, relics, revelations, etc., with table of contents at the end.
- Ms. codex.
Title from caption title (f. 1r).
Compare with UPenn Ms. Codex 583.
Foliation: Paper, i + 460 + i; [i], 1-51, [ii], 52-298, [ii], 299-389, 40, 401-433, 444-462, [463-466]; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto. Catchwords, lower right verso indicate no loss of text with misnumbering.
Script: Written in a cursive script by at least three different hands.
Binding: Contemporary gilt parchment, cover separated from spine. Moderate to severe oxidation of ink in places, with perforations on a few folios, fragile.
Origin: Written in Italy in the 17th century. Dates cited in text range from 1497-1669.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps (ms. 5321).
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), pp. 224-225 (Ms. Lea 390 Latin).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 672.
- Access Restriction:
- Access to this item is subject to staff review.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|