Compendium totius commentarii in octo libros physicorum [manuscript].
- [Dillingen, 1609-1610]
134 leaves : paper ; 159 x 96 (125 x 75) mm. bound to 165 x 105 mm.
- Aristotle -- Criticism and interpretation -- Early works to 1800.
Aristotle. Physics -- Early works to 1800.
Physics -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 17th century.
- Commentary on Aristotle's Physics by the Jesuit Christoph Brandis, professor at Dillingen, condensed by his student Johannes Huober. Compare Huober's uncondensed version found in UPenn Ms. Codex 778.
- Ms. codex.
Title from title page (p. 1).
Incipit: Conclusio prima ... (p. 1).
Pagination: Paper, ii (contemporary paper) + 134 + i (contemporary paper) leaves; [i-ii], 1-263, [264-266]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
Layout: Written in 23 long lines.
Script: Written in a cursive script by Johannes Huober (p. i), with later alterations to the text in another hand.
Binding: Contemporary vellum (Zacour-Hirsch).
Origin: Written in Dillingen, 1609-1610 (p. i).
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly in the collection of the Carthusian monastery, Buxheim (note, p. i).
Formerly owned by the Counts of Waldbott-Bassenheim (stamp of G.W.B.D., probably standing for Gräflich von Waldbott-Bassenheim'sche Domanialverwaltung, p. 1), who inherited the Buxheim monastery library (monastery dissolved in 1803, its property including its library given to the Counts of Ostein) from the Count of Ostein in 1810.
Sold by Adalbert Lauter (Munich), 1950.
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965, p. 5 (Ms. Latin 17).
Riley, Lyman W. "Aristotle Texts and Commentaries to 1700 in the University of Pennsylvania Library. Part V." Library Chronicle 24 (1958), 86-98. This manuscript is listed in the section: "Manuscripts (Catalogued by Norman P. Zacour)," p. 97 (item M24).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 779
- Huober, Johannes, scribe.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|