Historical newspapers [electronic resource].
- [Ann Arbor, Mich.] : ProQuest Information and Learning Co., c1999-
Database & Article Index
1 online resource
- Former title:
- Historical newspapers online <Jan. 25, 1999>
- New York times -- Indexes.
Times (London, England) -- Indexes.
United States -- History -- 19th century -- Indexes.
United States -- History -- 20th century -- Indexes.
Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Indexes.
Great Britain -- History -- 20th century -- Indexes.
- Electronic reference sources.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Historical Newspapers contains three major historical resources: Palmer's Index to the Times, which covers the period from 1790 to 1905 in the Times; The Official Index to the Times, which takes the coverage forward from 1906 to 1980; and The Historical Index to the New York Times, which covers The New York Times from 1851 to September 1922. Every word of the Indexes can be searched. Users can restrict their searches to main headings and to particular dates, pages, text types and publications. The full range of Boolean and proximity search operators is available, as well as the facility for wildcard and truncation searching.
- Title from home page (viewed Dec. 4, 2004).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edith E. Clark Endowment Fund.
- Edith E. Clark Endowment Fund.
- Historical index to the New York times (Online)
Palmer's index to the Times (Online)
Official index to the Times (Online)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|