Broken blossoms [videorecording] : or, The yellow man and the girl / written and directed by D.W. Griffith.
- Other Title:
- Yellow man and the girl
- [Davenport, Iowa : Blackhawk Films, 199-?]
1 videocassette (90 min.) : si., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Burke, Thomas, 1887-1945 -- Film adaptations.
Ethnic relations -- Drama.
Child abuse -- Drama.
Prejudice -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- System Details:
- VHS - NTSC.
- An eloquent plea for understanding between people of different races and beliefs. Shows Griffith's great skill at using the camera to bare the hearts and emotions of his characters. In this film, a young Chinese man takes in a runaway girl whom he adores, but their innocent relationship is interrupted by her brutal father and ends with the death of both.
- Lillian Gish, Richard Barthelmess, Donald Crisp, Arthur Howard, Edward Pell, George Beranger, Norman Selby.
- Cinematographer, G.W. Bitzer ; music composed and performed by Joseph Turrin.
- Adapted from the story "The Chink and the child" by Thomas Burke.
Originally released in 1919.
- Griffith, D. W. (David Wark), 1875-1948. , Director, Screenwriter
Gish, Lillian, 1893-1993 , Actor
Barthelmess, Richard, 1895-1963 , Actor
Crisp, Donald, 1880-1974 , Actor
Turrin, Joseph, 1947- , Composer
Burke, Thomas, 1887-1945. , Author
Blackhawk Films. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|