Come out the wilderness : memoir of a Black woman artist / Estella Conwill Májozo.
- First Edition.
- New York : Feminist Press at the City University of New York, 1999.
- Cross-cultural memoir series
The cross-cultural memoir series
x, 241,  pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm
- Majozo, Estella Conwill.
Women poets, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
African American arts -- New York (State) -- New York.
Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Intellectual life.
English teachers -- United States -- Biography.
Women teachers -- United States -- Biography.
African American women poets -- Biography.
Performance art -- United States.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Walk together children
Crossing over Jordan
Golden slippers I'm gwine to wear
Couldn't hear nobody pray
Tell Mary not to weep
Over my head I hear music in the air
My Lord, what a morning!
God's gonna trouble the water
I want to be ready
Somebody's calling my name
I'm building me a home
Standing in the need of prayer
To make the wounded whole
Didn't My Lord deliver Daniel?
Tell all God's children.
- "First edition, 1999."
"Jacket design by Dayna Navaro. Front jacket photograph by Jules Allen."
Publisher's advertisements:  page at end.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 1558612068 (alk. paper) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|