An elementary treatise on astronomy, adapted to the present improved state of the science, being the fourth part of a course of natural philosophy, compiled for the use of the students of the university at Cambridge, New England. By John Farrar.
- Other records:
- Cambridge, N.E., Printed by Hilliard, Metcalf, and co. at the University Press. Sold by Hilliard and Brown, Cambridge, and by Hilliard, Gray, & Co., Boston, 1827.
vii, , 420 p. 8 fold. pl. 23 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Cambridge.
United States Massachusetts Boston.
- General phenomena
Theory of the sun
Theory of the moon
Theory of the planets and comets
- "Selected from Biot's Traité élémentaire d'astronomie physique, 2d edition, printed at Paris in 1811. Although the original is in three volumes octavo, all the body of the work is retained in this translation ..."--Advertisement.
"Errata": p. [viii].
"Appendix": p. -420.
Binder's lettering: Cambridge astronomy.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookplate of Thomas Woody.
Culture Class Collection copy inscribed to Oliver Hazard Perry from his friend Charles Henry Davis.
- Penn Provenance:
- Woody, Thomas, 1891-1960 (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Perry, Oliver Hazard, 1785-1819 (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Davis, Charles Henry, 1807-1877 (autograph) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Biot, Jean-Baptiste, 1774-1862.
Farrar, John, 1779-1853, comp.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|