Geological observations on the volcanic islands and parts of South America visited during the voyage of H.M.S. 'Beagle,' by Charles Darwin.
- Other records:
- Third edition / with maps and illustrations.
- New York : D. Appleton and Company, 1897.
xiii, 648 pages, 2 unnumbered folded leaves of plates, 5 folded leaves of plates : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm
- Beagle expedition (1831-1836).
Volcanoes -- Southern Hemisphere.
Islands -- Southern Hemisphere.
Geology -- Southern Hemisphere.
Paleontology -- Southern Hemisphere.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- On verso of title page: Authorized edition.
In 2 parts, first published separately in 1844 and 1846.
Descriptions of fossil shells, by G. B. Sowerby: pt. I, Appendix, p. -177.
Description of six species of corals, from the Palæozoic formation of Van Diemen's Land, by W. Lonsdale: pt. I, Appendix, p. 178-185.
Descriptions of tertiary fossil shells from South America, by G. B. Sowerby: pt. II, Appendix, p. -623].
Descriptions of secondary shells from South America, by Professor E. Forbes: pt. II, Appendix, p. 624-627.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries Rare copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B., (former owner) (autograph, June 1971) (Adams copy)
Edenharter, G. (autograph, Indianapolis) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Sowerby, G. B. (George Brettingham), 1843-1921, author, illustrator.
Lonsdale, W. (William), 1794-1871, author, illustrator.
Forbes, Edward, 1815-1854, author, illustrator.
D. Appleton and Company, publisher.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|