The American Black Chamber / by Herbert O. Yardley.
- 1st ed.
- Indianapolis : The Bobbs-Merrill Company c1931.
375 p.,  p. of plates : ill., ports., facsims. ; 23 cm.
- United States. War Dept. Military Intelligence Division. Section No. 8.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Cryptography -- United States.
World War, 1914-1918 -- Secret service -- United States.
- The history and work of the Cryptographic Bureau, officially known as Section 8 of the Military Intelligence Division (MI-8).
- Local notes:
- RBC Dewey copy has copious ms. notes by Charles J. Mendelsohn who worked with Yardley in MI-8.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has bookplate on front pastedown: "From the books of Julius E Taefz".
- Penn Provenance:
- Taefz, Julius E (bookplate) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Williams, Richard Norris, 2nd (bookplate) (former owner) (RBC LC copy)
Williams, Richard Norris, 2nd, Mrs. (donor) (RBC LC copy)
Mendelsohn, Charles J. (Charles Jastrow), 1880-1939 (autograph) (donor) (RBC Dewey copy)
Mendelsohn, Esther Jastrow (donor) (RBC Dewey copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Galland, J.S. Historical and analytical bibl. of the lit. of cryptology, 206
Shulman, D. Annotated bibl. of cryptography, I, p. 99
- Mendelsohn, Charles J. (Charles Jastrow), 1880-1939.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
R. Norris Williams World War I Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Cryptology Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
John Penman Wood Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|