Animal life as affected by the natural conditions of existence / By Karl Semper ; with two maps and one hundred and six woodcuts.
- Other records:
- New York : D. Appleton and Company, 1, 3, and 5 Bond Street, 1881.
- International scientific series (New York, N.Y.) ; v. 30.
International scientific series vol. 30
xvi, 472 pages : illustrations (including 2 maps) ; 20 cm
- Animal ecology.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City).
- General preliminary considerations. The physiology of organisms
The influence of inanimate surroundings. Food and its influence ; The influence of light ; The influence of temperature ; The influence of stagnant water ; The influence of a still atmosphere ; The influence of water in motion ; Currents as a means of extending or hindering the distribution of species ; A few remarks as to the influence of other conditions of existence
The influence of living surroundings. The transforming influence of living organisms on animals ; The selective influence of living organisms on animals.
- "Lectures at the Lowell Institute, at Boston ... 1877."--Preface.
Advertisements: in front and back of book.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B., (former owner) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- D. Appleton and Company, publisher.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|