Essays on some of the most important articles of the materia medica : comprising a full account of all the new proximate principles, and the popular medicines lately introduced in practice, detailing the formulas for their preparation, their habitudes and peculiarities, doses and modes of administration, with remarks on the most eligible form of their exhibition: to which is added, a catalogue of medicines, surgical instruments &c. &c adapted for a physician at the outset of his practice, with the doses and effects attached to each medicine, &c. &c. / by Geo. W. Carpenter.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Important articles of the materia medica.
Carpenter's medical recipes valuable.
Carpenter's essays on the materia medica.
- Philadelphia : Geo. W. Carpenter's Chemical Warehouse, 1831.
xii, 226, 19 p. ; 19 cm.
- Medical subjects:
Formularies -- United States
Surgical Instruments -- catalogs.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Cover title: Carpenter's medical recipes valuable.
Includes "On the mineralogy of Chester County" after p. 226.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection has bookplates and signature Washington L. Atlee.
- Penn Provenance:
- Atlee, Washington L. (autograph) (bookplates) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|