Markham's farewel to husbandry: or, The enriching of all sorts of barren and sterile grounds in our nation, to be as fruitful in all manner of grain, pulse, and grass, as the best grounds whatsoever : together with the annoyances, and preservation of all grain and seed, from one year to many years : as also a husbandly computation of men and cattels daily labours, their expences, charges, and utmost profits.
- Other Title:
- Markham's farewel to husbandry
Enriching of all sorts of barren and sterile grounds in our nation, to be as fruitful in all manner of grain, pulse, and grass, as the best grounds whatsoever
- Now newly the ninth time revis'd, corrected and amended, together with many new additions, and cheap experiments: for the bettering of arable pasture, and woody grounds ...
- London : Printed by E.O. for George Sawbridge, 1668.
, 126,  p. : ill. ; 20 cm. (4to)
- ,Ies ndd, ors. bewh (3) 1668 (A)
- Agriculture -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- This ninth edition was used as pt. 5 of Markham, Gervase, 1568?-1637. A way to get wealth. The twelfth time corrected and augmented by the author. London : Printed by John Streater, for George Sawbridge, 1668.
Page 34 misnumbered 44.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has bookplate of Thomas Nadauld ("T.N. Brushfield M.D. F.S.A.") on front pastedown.
Culture Class Collection copy given through the Friends of the Library of the University of Pennsylvania by Mrs. John Frederick Lewis.
- Penn Provenance:
- Brushfield, T. N. (Thomas Nadauld), 1828-1910 (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Lewis, John Frederick, Mrs. (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
Friends of the Library (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Poynter, F.N.L. Bibliography of Gervase Markham, 34.12
- Markham, Gervase, 1568?-1637.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|