De furtiuis literarum notis, vulgo, De ziferis libri IIII / Ioan. Baptista Porta, Neapolitano autore.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- De furtivis literarum notis
- Other Title:
- De ziferis libri IIII
- Neapoli : Apud Ioa. Mariam Scotum, 1563.
, 228 p. : ill. (woodcuts) ; 22 cm. (4to)
- Ciphers -- Early works to 1800.
Cryptography -- Early works to 1800.
Signs and symbols -- Early works to 1800.
- Signatures: [dagger]⁶ *⁴ A-2D⁴ E⁶.
Volvelles on K1, K4, L2.
Errata on verso of leaf *4.
Leaf O3 printed in red and black.
- Local notes:
- One leaf laid in containing notes written by Charles J. Mendelsohn about p. 179-180.
Imperfect: the original wheels for the volvelles on leaves K4 and L2 are wanting and replaced with photostats.
The name of a previous owner on t.p. has been blotted out and covered with blank strips of paper.
- Penn Provenance:
- Mendelsohn, Charles J. (Charles Jastrow), 1880-1939 (autograph) (donor)
Mendelsohn, Esther Jastrow (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Shulman, D. Annotated bibl. of cryptography, I, p. 4
Galland, J.S. Historical and analytical bibl. of the lit. of cryptology, 146
- Mendelsohn, Charles J. (Charles Jastrow), 1880-1939.
Cryptology Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|