Notes on the government surveys of the principal countries : with the civil and military divisions ... lists of government maps, conventional signs ... and useful tables for map reading ; to which is added a list of colonial and extra-continental possessions, and a list of map agents.
- Other records:
- London : Printed under the superintendence of H.M. Stationery Off., 
- Government document
166 p., 1 leaf : XXII (i.e. 23) plates ; 25 cm.
- Government surveys.
Topographical drawing -- Conventional signs.
- Prepared at the Intelligence branch, Quartermaster-General's Department, War Office, 1882.
Supplemented, 1899, by "A guide to recent large scale maps, including both surveys and compilations ... Prepared ... by Alexander Knox."
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has bookplate "Bibliotheque de Jules Marcou. Jura. Rocky Mountains" on front pastedown.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has bookplate "For the People For Education For Science Library of the American Museum of Natural History" with stamp "A.M.N.H. Cancelled" on fornt pastedown.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has paper addressed to "M. Jules Marcou Cambridge Massachusetts United States" "from A. J. Jukes Browne Esq. Clifton House. [Iring]" "Book Post" attached to front flyleaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Marcou, Jules, 1824-1898 (bookplate) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
American Museum of Natural History Library (bookplate) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Jukes-Browne, A. J. (Alfred John), 1851-1914 (autograph) (Gotham Book Mart Colllection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|