A catalogue of books belonging to the Library Company of Philadelphia : A facsimile of the edition of 1741 printed by Benjamin Franklin / with an introduction by Edwin Wolf 2nd.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Catalogue of the Library Company of Philadelphia, 1741
- Philadelphia : Printed for the Library Company of Philadelphia to mark the 250th anniversary of the birth of Franklin, 1956.
xii, 55,  p. ; 18 cm.
- --ey 0,of 3.n- Lith (3) 1956 (A)
- Library Company of Philadelphia -- Catalogs.
Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790 -- Imprints -- Facsimiles.
Library catalogs -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
Library clubs -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Catalogs.
Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Libraries.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Cover title: Catalogue of the Library Company of Philadelphia, 1741.
"January 17, 1956 marks the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the birth of Benjamin Franklin, the founder of The Library Company of Philadelphia. This keepsake is issued by the Library Company as its tribute to the memory of Franklin. It is being sent to its shareholders and friends to remind them that Franklin built the foundation of his many-sided career on books; he wrote them, printed them, sold them, and as founder, director, secretary and librarian of the Library Company made them available to others for their common use and for the benefit of the society in which he lived."--Leaf inserted.
"Bibliographical note": p. - at end.
"This facsimile was made from the copy of the 1741 catalogue in the collection of the Library Company of Philadelphia. One thousand copies were printed on Curtis Rag paper by William F. Fell Co. of Philadelphia, using Monotype Caslon No. 337 for the Introduction and Note."--Colophon.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy is gift of Margaret Palmer.
Athenaeum copy: Gift of the Library.
- Penn Provenance:
- Palmer, Margaret (donor) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wolf, Edwin, 1911-1991.
Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790.
Wm. F. Fell & Co., printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|