Books and the man / by John T. Winterich.
- New York : Greenberg, 1929.
xiv, , 374 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, frontispiece, portraits, facsimiles ; 24 cm
- Authors, English.
Literature -- Anecdotes.
Literature -- Humor.
Literature -- Anecdotes, facetiae, satire, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Walt Whitman and Leaves of grass
Daniel Defoe and Robinson Crusoe
Charles Dickens and The posthumous papers of the Pickwick Club
Izaak Walton and The compleat angler
Harriet Beecher Stowe and Uncle Tom's cabin
George du Maurier and Trilby
John Bunyan and The pilgrim's progress
John James Audubon and The birds of America
Robert Burns and his Poems
Mark Twain and The innocents abroad
Oliver Goldsmith and The vicar of Wakefield
Nathaniel Hawthorne and The scarlet letter
Samuel Johnson and his Dictionary of the English language
Edgar Allen Poe and his Tales
Lewis Carroll and Alice's adventures in wonderland
Washington Irving and The sketch book
Samuel Pepys and his Diary
Edward FitzGerald and his translation of the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám
Benjamin Franklin and his Autobiography
William Makepeace Thackeray and Vanity fair.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 1944 from Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969 (former owner) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969 former owner.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Winterich, John Tracy, 1891-1970. Books and the man.
Online version: Winterich, John Tracy, 1891-1970. Books and the man.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|