The rare books and manuscripts collected by the late A. Edward Newton : public sale, part one on April 16, 17 and 18, part two on May 14, 15 and 16, part three dates to be announced : by order of E. Swift Newton and Brandon Barringer, executors.
- Other Title:
- [Introduction to] the rare books and manuscripts collected by the late A. Edward Newton
- First edition
- New York : Parke-Bernet Galleries Inc. .., 1941. , ©1941
- New York : Maynard Printing Corporation
22,  pages : facsimiles ; 26 cm
- Newton, A. Edward (Alfred Edward), 1864-1940.
Private libraries -- New York (State) -- New York -- Catalogs.
Rare books -- New York (State) -- New York -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
Manuscripts -- New York (State) -- New York -- Catalogs.
Newton, A. Edward (Alfred Edward), 1864-1940
New York (State) -- New York.
- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Place of printing and printer's name from colophon on page .
Introduction by E. Swift Newton.
Includes introduction, notes on A. Edward Newton and highlights for the catalogs for the 3 parts of the sale.
- Local notes:
- Whitman Collection copy is second printing. See verso of title leaf.
Whitman Collection copy has manuscript note ("Newton on Whitman - p. 23 -") in pencil on front free endpaper.
Whitman Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 1944 by Mrs. Franklin Julian Sprague.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones (donor) (Whitman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Newton, A. Edward (Alfred Edward), 1864-1940, collector.
Newton, E. Swift (Edward Swift), writer of introduction, associated name.
Sprague, Harriet Chapman Jones, 1876-1969, donor.
Barringer, Brandon, 1899- associated name.
Maynard Printing Corporation, printer.
Walt Whitman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Mrs. Frank Julian Sprague Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Parke-Bernet Galleries. Rare books and manuscripts collected by the late A. Edward Newton.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|