Pioneers of psychology / Raymond E. Fancher.
- 1st edition.
- New York : W. W. Norton and Company, 1979. , ©1979
xv, 397 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Psychology -- History.
Psychologists -- History.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City).
- Includes sections on Descartes, Kant, William James, Freud, Piaget, and Skinner.
- 1. René Descartes and the foundations of modern psychology
2. The physiology of mind: conceptions of the brain from Gall to Penfield
3. The sensing and perceiving mind: Kant, Helmholtz, and the Gestalt psychologists
4. Psychology in the university: Wilhelm Wundt and William James
5. Early hypnotists and the psychology of social influence
6. Man in conflict: the psychoanalytic psychology of Sigmund Freud
7. The measurement of mind: Francis Galton and the psychology of individual differences
8. Psychology as the science of behavior: Ivan Pavlov and John B. Watson
9. Modern pioneers: Jean Piaget and B.F. Skinner.
- "Copyright ©1979 by Raymond E. Fancher"--verso of title page.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B., (former owner) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- W.W. Norton & Company, publisher.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0393011615. 0393090825 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|