Garden spice and wild pot-herbs, by Walter Conrad Muenscher, Professor of Botany at Cornell University & Myron Arthur Rice, Horticultural Authority. With illustrations cut on wood by Elfriede Abbe.
- Other Title:
- Garden spice & wild pot-herbs
- [Popular ed.].
- Ithaca, N.Y., Comstock Publishing Associates, a division of Cornell University Press, 1955.
, vii, , 211,  pages,  plates (1 folding) illustrations 28 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) Ithaca.
- Description of the herbs
Treatment of the herbs: Propagation and hardiness; Harvesting, drying, and storing
The classification & naming of plants: List of synonyms
Illustrations of seeds.
- "Limited edition of 90 copies published February 1955. Popular edition published October 1955."
"The illustrations in this book were made from the original woodcusts by Elfriede Abbe, except Plates 45, 56, and the cut on page 69, which are from drawings. Nearly all the illustrations are of live plants grown at Ithaca, New York. The artist also designed the book, which was set in Goudy Kennerley Bold & Italic."
Pictorial green cloth boards with spine stamped in silver.
- Local notes:
- Nick Malgieri Culinary Archive and Library copies 1 & 2 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015 by Nick Malgieri.
Malgieri Collection copies 1 & 2: dust jackets retained.
Malgieri Collection copy 2 is "Second printing January 1956".
- Penn Provenance:
- Malgieri, Nick (donor) (Malgieri Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Rice, Myron Arthur, 1892- joint author.
Abbe, Elfriede, 1919-2012.
Nick Malgieri Culinary Archive and Library (University of Pennsylvania)
Culinary Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|