Portraits of three ladies (American) [sound recording] : works by Richard Hoffmann, Edwin London and Charles Whittenberg.
- Other Title:
- Works by Richard Hoffmann, Edwin London and Charles Whittenberg
- New York : New World Records, p1999.
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Variations (Bassoon, clarinet, flute, horn, oboe, trombone, trumpet, violin, double bass).
Monologues with music (Voice with instrumental ensemble).
- Variations for nine players (13:35) / Charles Whittenberg
Portraits of three ladies (American) (5:36, 9:00, 5:58) / Edwin London
Orchestra piece 1961 (17:29) / Richard Hoffmann.
- Contemporary Chamber Ensemble ; Marilyn Coles, soprano; Royal MacDonald, narrator; Arthur Weisberg, conducting (1st work) ; The University of Illinois Contemporary Chamber Ensemble ; Edwin London, conducting (2nd work) ; Oberlin College Conservatory Orchestra ; Robert Baustian, conducting (3rd work).
- 1st work for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, violin, contrabass; 2nd work for flute and piccolo, clarinet, bass clarinet and tenor saxophone, horn, 2 trumpets, trombone, tuba, percussion (2 players), cello, violin, contrabass.
"Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc."
Program notes by Jack Sullivan and texts for Portraits of threee ladies (American) inserted in container.
Bibliography: program notes, p. 10.
- Coles, Marilyn. , Performer
MacDonald, Royal. , Performer
Weisberg, Arthur. , Conductor
London, Edwin. , Conductor
Baustian, Robert. , Conductor
Contemporary Chamber Ensemble. , Performer
University of Illinois Contemporary Chamber Players. , Performer
Oberlin Orchestra. , Performer
Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc.
- Whittenberg, Charles. Variations for nine players.
London, Edwin. Portraits of three ladies (American)
Hoffmann, Richard. Orchestra piece, 1961.
- Publisher Number:
- 80562-2 New World Records
DIDX #034780 New World Records
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|