Musical instruments of Kacch and its neighbors [videorecording] / by Nazir Jairazbhoy and Amy Caitlin in collaboration with Indian National Theatre [sponsor].
- Valley Glen, CA : Apsara Media for Intercultural Education, c1999.
1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Musical instruments -- India -- Kachchh.
Folk music -- India -- Kachchh.
- Documentary films.
- Narrated in English; some voice-over in English.
- System Details:
- Survey of the diversity of local instruments in Kachchh and neighboring Sind, Baluchistan, Rajasthan, and Saurashtra: flutes and other reed instruments, jews harps, drums, including those improvised from metal basins and clay water pots, bowed and plucked strings, etc. Some represent imports, such as the rattles and drums played by the Sidi African Indians, and the benjo, adapted from a Japanese koto.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Catlin, Amy. , Director
Jairazbhoy, Nazir Ali, 1927- , Director
Apsara Media for Intercultural Education (Firm) , Distributor
Class of 1924 Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|