A treatise proving spirits, witches, and supernatural operations, by pregnant instances and evidences : together with other things worthy of note / by Meric Casaubon ...
- Standardized Title:
- Of credulity and incredulity in things natural, civil, and divine
- Other Title:
- Of credulity and incredulity, in things natural, and civil
- London : Printed for Brabazon Aylmer ..., 1672.
, 316,  p. ; 18 cm. (8vo)
- hehe adst ern- sewh (3) 1672 (A)
- Witchcraft -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- First published under title: Of credulity and incredulity in things natural, civil and divine. London, 1668. Cf. Brit. Mus. Catalogue.
Title within ruled border.
Additions: p. 316-p.  at end.
Erratas: prelim. p.  and p.  at end.
Imprimatur: prelim. p. .
- Local notes:
- Lea Library copy bound in half leather atop marbled paper; the title and author are printed in gold on the spine.
Lea Library copy has the bookplate and autograph, dated 1876, of Henry Charles Lea.
Lea Library copy has the autograph of I.H. Merivale above Lea's on front free end paper.
Lea Library copy has the autograph of William Cole, dated November 30, 1693, upside-down on page following title leaf.
Lea Library copy has a few marginal ms. marks in pencil and ink throughout.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cole, William, 1693 (autograph)
Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909 (autograph) (bookplate)
Merivale, I.H. (autograph)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd ed.), 815
- Aylmer, Brabazon, d. 1707?
Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|