Biblia, Det er, Den gantske Hellige Scrifft : vdsaet paa Danske.
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. Danish. Palladius et al. 1550.
- Other Title:
- Christian III's Bible.
- Prentet i Kobenhaffn : aff Ludowich Dietz, 1550.
, lxxxix, clxxvii, xcviii, lxii, cxviii leaves : ill. (woodcuts), port. ; 34 cm. (fol.)
- Bible (including O.T. Apocrypha) in Danish.
In five parts: parts 3 and 5, with special titlepages; pt. 4, with special half-title.
Two columns to a page.
"Translated by P. Palladius, O. Gyldemund, H. Sinnin, P. Tidemaud, H. Henricksen, N. Hemmingsen, et al.; based on the Luther Bible of 1545; first complete Bible in Danish; types and woodcuts from the Low German Bible of 1533; 'Christian III's Bible'"--IDC catalogue XII.1294 no. K772.
Title in red and black within woodcut frame; on verso, a portrait of Christian III; woodcut and engraved page before the O.T.; the books of prophets and the N.T. have special title pages within woodcut frame.
- Local notes:
- Imperfect: t.p. and portrait damaged. Many early leaves damaged, some text wanting. Many leaves at end damaged, some misbound, 9 wanting. Imprint taken from colophon at end of pt.2.
- Penn Provenance:
- Bormose, N.N. (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Nielson, L., Dansk Bibliografi, 1482-1550, 15.
NUC Pre-1956 Imprints, v. 53, p. 58.
Darlow & Moule, 3155
- Palladius, Peder, 1503-1560.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|