The Book of common prayer : and administration of the sacraments and other rites and ceremonies of the Church : according to the use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America : together with the Psalter or Psalms of David.
- [Boston] : Printed for the Commission, A.D. MDCCCCXXVIII 
[iv], v-xli, [i], , 3-611,  pages ; 36 cm
- Episcopal Church. Book of common prayer (1928)
Book of common prayer (Episcopal Church : 1928)
- Deckled edges (Paper).
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Title page in red and black.
Text in red and black.
"Of this standard edition of The Book of Common Prayer five hundred copies were printed by B.D. Updike, The Merrymount Press Boston, Massachusetts A.D. MDCCCCXXX".
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy presented to: "The Library of The University of Pennsylvania on behalf of the General Convention and its Commission on the Revision of the Prayer Book"; signed by James De Wolf Perry Presiding Bishop; from page inserted into volume with another insert: "Of this standard edition of The Book of Common Prayer 500 copies were printed by D.B. Updike at the Merrymount Press, Boston. This copy is presented by the Protestant Episcopal Church in the USA through the Custodian of the Standard Book of Common Prayer."; in pencil at bottom of sheet: "Ap 8.28,1931".
Kislak Center copy is bound with red pebbled leather with title and date blind tooled on front cover. Spine has title blind-tooled; three (remaining) raised bands.
- Penn Provenance:
- Perry, James De Wolf (inscriber)
- Penn Chronology:
- Updike, Daniel Berkeley, 1860-1941, printer.
Merrymount Press, printer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|