Television violence and public policy / edited by James T. Hamilton.
- Other records:
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan, c1998.
- Conference Name:
- Duke Conference on Media Violence and Public Policy (1996 : Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy)
xiv, 394 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Violence on television -- Congresses.
Television broadcasting policy -- United States -- Congresses.
- Media violence and public policy / James T. Hamilton
Content analysis of entertainment television : the importance of context
Barbara J. Wilson ... [et al.]
Content analysis of entertainment television : new methodological developments / James Potter ... [et al.]
Content analysis of entertainment television : the 1994-95 results / Barbara J. Wilson ... [et al.]
Content analysis of entertainment television : implications for public policy / Dale Kunkel ... [et al.]
Television visual violence in reality programs : differences across genres / Dominic Lasorsa ... [et al.]
Ratings and advisories : implications for the new ratings system for television / Joanne Cantor, Kristen Harrison, and Marina Krcmar
Does viewer discretion prompt advertiser discretion? : the impact of violence. Warnings the television advertising market / James T. Hamilton
Stop the violence : lessons from antiviolence campaigns using mass media / Myra Gregory Knight ... [et al.]
Framing of the television violence issue in newspaper coverage / Cynthia Hoffner
First glance at the constitutionality of the V-chip ratings system / Matthew L. Spitzer.
- Essays originally presented at the Duke Conference on Media Violence and Public Policy, held at the Sanford Institute of Public Policy on June 28-29, 1996.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Hamilton, James T. (James Towler), 1961-
- 0472109030 (cloth : acid-free paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|