Ancient eyes [sound recording] / Mathew Rosenblum.
- Standardized Title:
- New York : CRI, p1999.
- Emergency music
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Vocal duets with instrumental ensemble.
Quintets (Keyboard instrument, clarinet, flute, percussion, cello).
Monologues with music (Instrumental ensemble).
Apollinaire, Guillaume, 1880-1918 -- Musical settings.
Rimbaud, Arthur, 1854-1891 -- Musical settings.
Wen, Tingyun, 812-approximately 870 -- Musical settings.
Barthelme, Donald -- Musical settings.
Lish, Gordon -- Musical settings.
Zahab, Roger -- Musical settings.
- The 1st work sung in French and Chinese; texts by Guillaume Apollinaire, Arthur Rimbaud, and Tʻing-yün Wen. The 3rd work utilizes pre-recorded texts by Donald Barthelme, Gordon Lish and Roger Zahab.
- Nü kuan tzu (21:43)
Ancient eyes (10:52)
- In the 1st and 2nd works: Kristin Norderval, soprano (1st work) ; Mary Nessinger, mezzo-soprano (1st work) ; Prism Players ; Bradley Lubman, conductor. In the 3rd work: Maggie Lane, voice ; California E.A.R. Unit ; Stephen L. Mosko, conductor.
- The 1st work for 2 voices and instrumental ensemble; the 2nd for flute, clarinet, violoncello, percussion, and piano/sampler; the 3rd for voice and instrumental ensemble.
The 1st-2nd works recorded Nov. 10-11, 1996, at Master Sound, Astoria, NYC. The 3rd work recorded Jan. 15, 1998, Mad Hatter Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Biographical and program notes, principally by the composer, and vocal texts of the 1st work with English translations (15 p.) inserted in container.
- Norderval, Kristin. , Performer
Nessinger, Mary. , Performer
Lubman, Brad. , Conductor
Lane, Maggie. , Narrator
Mosko, Stephen L. , Conductor
Prism Players. , Performer
California E.A.R. Unit (Musical group) , Performer
- Rosenblum, Mathew. Nü kuan tzu.
Rosenblum, Mathew. Ancient eyes.
Rosenblum, Mathew. Maggies.
Nü kuan tzu.
- Publisher Number:
CD 831 CRI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|