A new musical grammar, and dictionary, or, A general introduction to the whole art of musick : in four books...The whole is extracted from the best authors, both ancient, and modern, and methodically digested to every capacity ... / by William Tans'ur, senior.
- Other Title:
- General introduction to the whole art of musick
- 3d. ed., with large additions.
- London Printed by Robert Brown for James Hodges, 1756.
xii, , 176 p. : music ; 20 cm.
- Music -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. -- Early works to 1800.
- book I. The rudiments of tones...With rules for tuning the voice, and beating of time; the nature of keys, and transportation.
book II. Containing such plain and easy directions as are necessary for tuning, and playing on, the organ, harpsichord, bass-viol...&c. With songs and lessons in great variety.
book III. The theory of sound...Together with the principles of practical musick: or, the rules of composition.
book IV. The musicians historical, and technical dictionary.
- Books II-IV have each special t.-p.
- Penn Chronology:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|