Alhaji Bai Konte [videorecording] / producer/director, Oliver Franklin.
- Kennett Square, PA : Cultural Encounters, Inc., [199-?], c1978.
1 videocassette (12 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. + 3 items of instructional material
- Konte, Bai.
Kora (Musical instrument)
Mandingo (African people) -- Music -- History and criticism.
Music -- Gambia -- History and criticism.
- Local subjects:
- Ethnic music recordings, Mandingo -- Gambia.
Ethnic music recordings -- Gambia.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- Portrait of the Mandingo kora musician Alhaji Bai Konte showing him in performance, with glimpses of how the instrument is made and played.
- Alhaji Bai Konte ; narrator, Taj Mahal.
- Producer/audio, Marc Pevar ; camera, Harold Yates ; editor, Robert Wallace.
- Accompanying instructional material was prepared for the original film and consists of: Photocopy of film fact sheet (1 leaf ; 28 cm.) which closely follows action on the video ; photocopy of Teach-in article on the Gambian kore from Sing Out! The Folk Song Magazine (v.25, no. 6, 1977; p. 15-17 : ill., music ; 28 cm.), and copy of Introducing the kora : a teachers' guide (13 p. ; 18 x 22 cm.)
Originally released as a motion picture in 1978.
- Franklin, Oliver. , Producer, Director
Pevar, Marc D. , Producer
Konte, Bai. , Performer
Taj Mahal (Musician) , Narrator
Cultural Encounters, Inc. , Producer, Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|