Millennium evenings at the White House [videorecording] : honor the past, imagine the future / presented by The White House Millennium Council, The National Endowment for the Humanities, Sun Microsystems.
- [Washington, D.C.] : The Council, .
- Government document
7 videocassettes : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
United States -- Civilization.
United States -- Intellectual life.
Millennium celebrations (Year 2000) -- United States.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- VHS format.
- A series of lectures and cultural showcases presented by the White House in 1998 and 1999 to highlight American creativity and inventiveness through ideas, art, and scientific discoveries.
- 1. The living past: commitments for the future (64 min.) / Bernard Bailyn
2. Imagination and change: science in the next millennium (71 min.) / Stephen Hawking
3. A celebration of poetry in American life (87 min.)
4. Jazz, an expression of democracy (88 min.)
5. The meaning of the millennium (102 min.) / Natalie Zemon Davis and Martin E. Marty
6. Women as citizens: vital voices through the century (118 min.)
7. The perils of indifference: lessons from a violent century (113 min.) / Elie Wiesel.
- "Poets laureate: the American voice in poetry"--Cassette label, tape 3.
Shipping list no.: 2000-0004-E.
- White House Millennium Council (U.S.)
National Endowment for the Humanities.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|