Poetry at stake : lyric aesthetics and the challenge of technology / Carrie Noland.
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, c1999.
x, 264 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- French poetry -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
French poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Lyric poetry -- History and criticism.
Literature and technology -- United States.
Literature and technology -- France.
- Traffic in the unknown: Rimbaud's interpretive communities, market competition, and the poetics of Voyance
A poetry of attractions: Rimbaud's machine and the Theatrical féerie
Confessing philosophy: Negative dialectics and/as lyric poetry
Blaise Cendrars and the heterogeneous discourses of the lyric subject
High decoration: Sonia Delaunay, Blaise Cendrars, and the poem as fashion design
Messages personnels: radio, cryptography, and the resistance poetry of René Char
Rimbaud and Patti Smith: the discoveries of modern poetry and the popular music industry
Laurie Anderson: confessions of a cyborg.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -254) and indexes.
- 0691004161 (cloth : alk. paper)
069100417X (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|