The Wolcott Gibbs Fund for Chemical Research was established by subscription and entrusted to the National Academy of Sciences, April 1892. The trustees named in the letter of gift were Charles Loring Jackson, Ira Remsen, and Thomas M. Down.
Comprises the minutes and account book for the fund kept in the hand of Charles Loring Jackson, in one volume. Volume begins with copy of Dr. Gibbs' letter of gift. Items laid in comprise C. L. Jackson's letter of resignation as trustee for the fund 21 March 1922 addressed to Theodore W. Richards; items from C. G. Abbott of the National Academy of Sciences concerning the condition of the fund, 1922; copies of Richards' correspondence to Edgar Fahs Smith and to Robert M. Yerkes of the National Research Council in response to Yerkes letter to Jackson, 1922; and two entries for the minutes, dated March 1923. Additional item laid in concerns an honorary doctorate awarded to Ludwig Henry Friedburg, in Latin.
Forms part of: Edgar F. Smith Memorial Collection.