Causa de Isabel de Medina, hija de Gaspar de los Reyes e Isabel de Medina, de nacion portuguesa, de estado doncella residente en Madrid de 14 años [manuscript].
- [Spain], 1652-1656 .
152 leaves : paper ; 315 x 217 mm. bound to 330 x 228 mm.
- Catholic Church -- Discipline.
Jews -- Spain -- Early works to 1800.
Inquisition -- Spain -- Toledo -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- Medina, Isabel de. (search)
Manuscripts, Spanish -- 17th century.
Manuscripts, Spanish -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Spanish -- 19th century.
- Proceedings of the Inquisition at Toledo against Isabel de Medina accused of the "crimen de la heregia y apostacia" in statements signed by D. Juan de la Vega y Davila. Cover page includes the heading "Judaísmo." Volume comprises original documents dated 1652-1656 (88 leaves) preceded by a nineteenth-century copy of these documents (64 leaves) undated.
- Ms. codex.
Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
Original documents dated 1652-1656, 19th-century copy has 1658, but this may be a copyist's error.
Foliation: Paper, v (19th-century paper) + 154 + v (19th-century paper); [1-154]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto. Partial contemporary foliation in ink for original work, upper right recto, [i], 1, [ii], 2,-5, [i], 6-47, 47, [i], 48-82.
Script: Written in a cursive script by several hands.
Binding: 19th-century leather. Moderate to severe oxidation of ink on several leaves, particularly those numbered 37-40 and 81-82. Upper cover detached.
Origin: Written in Spain, 1652-1656.
- Penn Provenance:
- Purchased, 1949.
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), p. 222 (Ms. Lea 379).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 803.
- Vega y Davila, Juan de la.
- Access Restriction:
- Access to this item is subject to staff review.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|