The goddess : a screenplay / by Paddy Chayefsky.
- New York : Simon and Schuster, 1958. (New York, N.Y. : Manufactured in the United States of America by H. Wolff)
xx, 167,  p. ; 21 cm.
- American drama.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
Part One. Portrait of a Girl
Part Two. Portrait of a Young Woman
Part Three. Portrait of a Goddess.
- "'The Goddess' was a Carnegie Production released by Columbia Pictures Corporation."
"It is a lot harder to make a good movie than you might think. I use the word 'good' here quite advisedly. What I really mean is an 'art' film ... To me, art is simply the work that an artist produces, and an artist is a man who creates for the single purpose of satisfying himself. An 'art' film, then, is a picture made by artists because this is the kind of movie they themselves would like to see. The thing about an art film that most intelligent people forget, however, is that like any other film it is expected to make a profit."--Preface.
"Jacket design by Ronald Clyne."
Price from dust-jacket: $3.50.
Yellow cloth spine lettered in grey with title printed in yellow against a grey panel. Grey boards with facsimile of Paddy Chayefsky's autograph stamped in blind on front cover.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has dust-jacket retained.
Culture Class Collection copy is "First Printing".
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has stamp "Lyle Leverich" on front flyleaf.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has stamp "The Atheneum Arts Foundation" on front flyleaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Leverich, Lyle (stamp) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
The Atheneum Arts Foundation (stamp) (Gotham Book Mart Collection)
- Penn Chronology:
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|