Home life in colonial days / written by Alice Morse Earle in the year MDCCCXCVIII ; illustrated by photographs gathered by the author, of real things, works and happenings of olden times.
- Other records:
- New York : The Macmillan Company ; London : Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1898.
xvi, , 470,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- United States -- Social life and customs -- To 1775.
Home economics -- United States.
- Pictorial cloth bindings (Binding) -- 1898.
- Homes of the colonies
The light of other days
The kitchen fireside
The serving of meals
Food from forest and sea
Meat and drink
Flax culture and spinning
Wool culture and spinning, with a postscript on cotton
Dress of the colonists
Travel, transportations, and taverns
Sunday in the colonies
Old-time flower gardens.
- Includes index.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Taupe cloth with cross stitch design in green and red. Attributed to Lee Thayer.
Athenaeum copy: Livezey Fund bookplate.
- Cited in:
- Minsky, Richard. American decorated publishers' bindings, 1872-1929 (electronic resource) v. 2, pg. 11
- Thayer, Lee, 1874- , Binding designer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|