Bud, not Buddy / Christopher Paul Curtis.
- [New York] : Delacorte Press [a division of Random House, Inc., 1999].
viii, , 245,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Ruaway children -- Michigan -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile fiction.
African Americans -- Michigan -- History -- 1877-1964 -- Juvenile fiction.
Depressions -- 1929 -- Juvenile fiction.
- Childrens subjects:
- Runaways -- Fiction.
African Americans -- Fiction.
Depressions -- 1929 -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Ten-year-old Bud, a motherless boy living in Flint, Michigan, during the Great Depression, escapes a bad foster home and sets out in search of the man he believes to be his father--the renowned bandleader, H.E. Calloway of Grand Rapids.
- "The text of this book is set in 11-point Times Roman."
"Book design by Trish P. Watts."
Newbery Medal, 2000.
Coretta Scott King Author Award, 2000.
ALA Notable Children's Book
ALA Best Book for Young Adults
Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2000
Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award, 2002-2003
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has two stickers on cover: John Newbery Medal for the Most Distinguished Contribution to American Literature for Children and the Coretta Scott King Award.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Delacorte Press, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0385323069 :