Phaedra and Figaro: Racine's Phèdre [translated by] Robert Lowell [and] Beaumarchais's Figaro's marriage [translated by] Jacques Barzun.
- Standardized Title:
- Phèdre. English
- Other Title:
- Robert Lowell Racine's Phèdra
Jacques Barzun Beaumarchais's Figaro's Marriage
- New York : Farrar, Straus and Cudahy, . (New York : Manufactured in the United States of America by H. Wolff)
, 213,  p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Phaedra (Greek mythology) -- Drama.
- Lask Poetry Collection
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- With half-title.
"Special contents of this volume copyright 1961 by Farrar, Straus and Cudahy, Inc."
"Drawings by Frank Parker."
"Jacket design by Ronald Clyne."
Brown cloth spine lettered in blue with brown paper boards lettered in blue on front cover. Black endpapers. Top edge stained red.
Price from dustjacket.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has ms. note "Deborah H. Murphy '64" on back flyleaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Lask, Thomas (donor)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Murphy, Deborah H. (autograph) (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Lowell, Robert, 1917-1977, tr.
Parker, Francis Stanley, ill.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Beaumarchais, Pierre Augustin Caron de, 1732-1799 Figaro's marriage. Le mariage de Figaro. English. 1961.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|