Spartacus [videorecording] / Universal International ; Bryna Productions, Inc. ; screenplay by Dalton Trumbo ; produced by Edward Lewis ; directed by Stanley Kubrick.
- [Uncut, fully restored version].
- Universal City, CA : MCA/Universal Home Video, c1991.
2 videocassettes (196 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Spartacus, d. 71 B.C. -- Drama.
Fast, Howard, 1914-2003 -- Film adaptations.
Slave insurrections -- Rome -- Drama.
Rome -- History -- Servile Wars, 135-71 B.C. -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- VHS -NTSC; Hi-Fi; Dolby B-type noise reduction; Dolby surround stereo.
- The saga of Spartacus, slave and gladiator, who rebels and rises up against the power and might of Rome. As he and his followers achieve stunning successes in battle, he gathers more freed slaves to his cause and forms a formidable army which marches to the sea with the hope of freedom from Roman tyranny.
- Kirk Douglas, Laurence Olivier, Jean Simmons, Charles Laughton, Peter Ustinov, John Gavin, Tony Curtis.
- Photographer, Russell Metty; historical and technical advisor, Vittorio Nino Novarese; editor, Robert Lawrence; music, Alex North; restoration, Robert A. Harris, James C. Katz.
- Based on the novel by Howard Fast.
Originally produced as motion picture in 1960.
This presentation features an additonal five minutes of footage cut from the film's original release, plus the original overture and extended soundtrack.
- Kubrick, Stanley. , Director
Lewis, Edward. , Producer
Trumbo, Dalton, 1905-1976 , Screenwriter
Douglas, Kirk, 1916- , Actor
Olivier, Laurence, 1907-1989. ,
Simmons, Jean, 1929-2010 , Actor
Laughton, Charles, 1899-1962. , Actor
Ustinov, Peter. , Actor
Gavin, John. , Actor
Curtis, Tony, 1925- , Actor
North, Alex. , Composer
Fast, Howard, 1914-2003. ,
Bryna Productions. , Producer
MCA Universal Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
81133 MCA Universal Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|