Romare Bearden, 1970-1980 : an exhibition / organized by the Mint Museum, Department of Art, Charlotte, North Carolina ; Catalog edited by Jerald L. Melberg and Milton J. Bloch ; Essays by Albert Murray and Dore Ashton.
- First Edition
- Charlotte, N.C. : The Mint Museum, c1980.
136 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 23 x 24 cm.
- Bearden, Romare, 1911-1988 -- Exhibitions.
- Place of Publication:
- United States North Carolina Charlotte.
- The Visual Equivalent to the Blues / by Albert Murray
Romare Bearden / by Dore Ashton
Cataloge of the Exhibition.
- Exhibition to be held at Mint Museum October 12, 1980-January 4, 1981 and 3 other museums January 30, 1981-August 9, 1981.
"Cover illustration: Sunset-Moonrise with Maudell Sleet."
"4,000 copies of this catalogue were printed on the occasion of the exhibition ... Text is Palatino printed on Monadnock Dulcet 100 lb. text, cover is 80 lb. Monadnock Dulcet."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 125-128).
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copies 1 & 2 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copies 1 & 2 have autograph of Romare Bearden on front lining paper
Banks Collection copy 1 has booklet titled "Romare Bearde 1970-1980" (8 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.) inserted with list of Romare Bearden publications with ms. annotations listing postage and handling. The address label "Ms. Joanna Banks ... Capital Heights, MD" written in ms. is taped to the back cover of booklet.
Banks Collection copy 1 has obituary and appreciation of Romare Bearden printed in Washington Post inserted.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copies 1 & 2)
Bearden, Romare, 1911-1988 (autograph) (Banks Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Melberg, Jerald L., editor.
Murray, Albert, writer of essay.
Ashton, Dore, writer of essay.
Mint Museum (Charlotte, N.C.)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|