Art & ethnics : background for teaching youth in a pluralistic society / J. Eugene Grigsby, Jr. Arizona State University.
- Other Title:
- Art and Ethnics
- Dubuque, Iowa : WCB Wm. C. Brown Company Publishers, [c1977].
- Trends in art education.
Trends in art education
xii, 147,  pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Ethnic art
Ethnic attitudes in art
Art -- Study and teaching -- United States.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Iowa Dubuque.
- Foundations of Ethnic Art in a Pluralistic Society
Ethnic Resource Materials for Art Educators. The Black/Negro/Afro-American Artists; The Spanish Speaking Ethnics; Chicago/Mexican-American/Puerto Rican/Cuban/South American Artists; The Native American Indian Artists
Ethnic Understanding and Art Education
Need for Awareness of Cultural Differences: Models for Students. Need for Representative Models from Diverse Populations; Ethnic Differences
Ethnics and Art Heritage. Ethnic Migrations; Ethnic Components
Religion: A Component of Ethnic Art. Ancient Religious Roots; Protestantism; Catholicism; African Religions; Islam; Judaism; Native American Religions; Summary
Protest: A New Component of Ethnic Art. Native American Protests; Black Protests; Protest through the Arts; Limitations of Protest Art; Protest in Music and Literature; Protest in Visual Arts; Some Results of Protest; Negritude; The Harlem Renaissance
Three Aspects of Ethnic Art: Folk, Academic, and International. Folk Art; Academic Art; International Art.
- "The subject of this book ... had its genesis in a presentation made at the Pacific Arts Association Convention in Portland, Oregon, titled 'Paint the Invisible Artists Black, Brown and Red.' The purpose of this presentation was to provide information about artists of these ethnic backgrounds and hope to encourage students and teachers to become more curious about them ..."--Page 1.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 137-140) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|