United States 1902-1914 [videorecording] : tomorrow the world / Channel 4 TV, PI Production [and] FR3 ; French Ministry of Culture presents ; produced by Hubert Niogret ; directed by Noël Burch.
- Other Title:
- Tomorrow the world [videorecording]
U.S.A. 1902-1914 [videorecording]
Levi and Cohen, the Irish comedians [videorecording]
Rube and Fender [videorecording]
Uncle Josh at the moving picture show [videorecording]
Another job for the undertaker [videorecording]
Rube in the subway [videorecording]
Streets of new york [videorecording]
How they do things on the Bowery [videorecording]
Down the hotel corridor [videorecording]
Heathen Chinese and the Sunday school teachers [videorecording]
Execution of Czolgosz [videorecording]
How they rob men in Chicago [videorecording]
Raid on a cockfight [videorecording]
Female crook and her easy victim [videorecording]
Subub surprises the burglar [videorecording]
Gold is not all [videorecording]
Romance of an umbrella [videorecording]
Detective Barton's triumph [videorecording]
- Chicago, IL : Facets Video, c1999.
- What do those old films mean ; 2
1 videocassette (ca. 30 min.) : sd., b&w. with col. sequences ; 1/2 in.
- Motion pictures -- History.
Motion pictures -- United States -- History.
- System Details:
- Examines early filmmaking in the United States. Shows how America's immigrant masses were the earliest audience for films but also the ridiculed and stereotyped subjects of these films. Illustrates how American filmmakers discovered narrative but avoided social content and criticism as the middle class came to dominate the film audience. Includes excerpts from numerous early films.
- Levi and Cohen, the Irish comedians (Biograph, 1903)
Rube and Fender (Porter, 1903)
Uncle Josh at the moving picture show (Porter , 1902)
Another job for the undertaker (Porter, 1901)
Rube in the subway (Porter, 1905)
The Streets of New York (Porter, 1905)
How they do things on the bowery (Porter, 1902)
Down the hotel corridor (Biograph, 1903)
The heathen Chinese and the Sunday school teacher (Biograph, 1904)
Execution of Czolgosz (Porter, 1901)
How they rob men in Chicago (Biograph, 1902)
Raid on a cockfight (Biograph, 1906)
The female crook and her easy victim (Biograph, 1905)
Subub surprises the burglar (Porter, 1903)
Gold is not all (Griffith, 1910)
Romance of an umbrella (1909)
The Italian (1914)
Detective Barton's triumph (1914)
- Narrators: Richard Hunt, Charles Bricker, William Forsythe.
- Script, Noël Burch; original music, Annick Nozati; editors, Françoise Collin, Agnès Nassery.
- Videocassette release of one episode of a 1985 television program.
- Niogret, Hubert. , Producer
Burch, Noël, 1932- , Director
Forsythe, William. , Narrator
Bricker, Charles. , Narrator
Hunt, Richard. , Narrator
Porter, Edwin S.. , Producer
PI Production (Firm) , Producer
Facets Video (Firm) , Distributor
Channel Four (Great Britain) , Producer
Biograph Company. , Producer
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|