Titicut follies [videorecording] / director and producer, Frederick Wiseman and Bridgewater Film Co.
- Cambridge, MA : Zipporah Films, , c1967.
1 videocassette (84 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Massachusetts Correctional Institution, Bridgewater.
Dangerously mentally ill -- Care -- Massachusetts -- Bridgewater.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- VHS - NTSC.
- A stark and graphic documentary of the conditions that existed at the state prison for the criminally insane at Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Shows scenes of the daily life of the men, interspersed with shots from the inmates' talent show, "The Titicut follies". Documents the various ways the inmates are treated by guards, social workers and psychiatrists.
- Edited by Frederick Wiseman; photography, John Marshall.
- Videocassette release of the 1967 16 mm motion picture.
Title and imprint from container.
Film was under a court-ordered injunction to just be shown to crimimal justice and health professionals, educators and government officials, until 1991 when general distribution was allowed. Initially distributed by Grove Press in 1967, later reissued by Zipporah Films in 1974.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Wiseman, Frederick. , Director, Producer
Bridgewater Film Company. , Producer
Grove Press. Film Division. , Distributor
Zipporah Films. , Producer
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- vc# 258 Zipporah Films
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|