The new history of Valentine and Orson / abstracted from the French, and the best English originals ; with a new set of figures more expressive of the story, and better adapted to the entertainment of the reader, than any yet extant.
- Standardized Title:
- Valentin et Orson. English. 1724.
- London : Printed by and for Tho. Norris ..., 1724.
162,  p. : ill. ; 15 cm. (12mo)
- An abridgement of Henry Watson's translation (1503-1505) of the anonymous 15th-century French prose romance. Cf. Parks & Temple. Literatures of the world in English translation, v. 3, pt. 2, p. 71.
With woodcut frontispiece.
- Local notes:
- Imperfect: p. 33-40, 69-70 wanting; p. 45-46 and other pages mutilated.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC N10190
- Watson, Henry, fl. 1500-1518.
Collection of British and American Fiction, 1660-1830 (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|